Human papilloma virus can be treated with herbs. There are many known herbal protocols for HPV, including essential oils and immune-system boosting herbs taken as a tonic. Essential oils of thuja and tea tree, can help eliminate warts.
Immune system enhancing herbs used in the eradication of HPV include:
• Astragalus: This herb promotes the resistance to disease. It increases the level of interferon and antibodies in the body and also stimulates the activity of T-helper cells. This helps in treating immune-deficient diseases.
• Goldenseal: This is antibacterial and helps in the eradication of warts.
• Reishi Mushroom Extract: This herb is a potent stimulant of the immune system. It wards off many types of viral diseases.
• Green Tea extract: It contains polyphenols, catechins and falvonoids, which are protective anti-carcinogens. A study of 51 patients showed 69 percent reduction in cervical dysplasia lesions/HPV in patients who received green tea extracts as either an ointment or capsule (Ahn WS et al 2003).
• Curcumin: Is an herbal extract of Turmeric, which affects the cellular transcription responses. It is mainly effective against high risk HPV 16.
• Echinacea: It helps to fight HPV by enhancing the body’s immune response.
• Lemon balm: This antiviral herb is useful for the treatment of warts.
• Birch: This herb contains a mild acid, betulinic acid, which breaks down the hard wart coverings.
• Garlic: Garlic juice can be applied topically for the elimination of warts.
• Olive Leaf: Effective against different types of viruses as well as HPV.
• Ginkgo Biloba: Performs as an anti-oxidant and prevents cellular damage.
• Bayberry: A herb used to strengthen local resistance to infection and thus can be used as a topical treatment for warts.
• Hawthorn: Herb includes flavonoids and tannins used in healing HPV.
• Red Clover: Red clover is one of the richest sources of isoflavones, are found to decrease the risk of cancer reoccurrence in women.
• Fenugreek: An herb that prevents cancer by raising the levels of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and other antioxidants in the blood stream.
The herbs included in Papillex, a phytoceutical complex formulated to treat HPV naturally, are:
• Green tea extract
• Reishi Mushroom Extract