Human papillomaviruses are the members of the papovaviridae family. These are non-enveloped viruses containing a double-stranded DNA and an icosahedral nucleocapsid. Around 100 types of the human papillomaviruses have been identified.
HPV can cause genital warts and cervical and penile carcinoma. The viruses are transmitted through intimate sexual contact and it can also be transmitted during delivery from infected mother to the newborn. The virus infects the keratinizing or mucosal squamous epithelium resulting in formation of vacuolated cells known as koilocytes. Koilocytes are the hallmark of the infections caused by this virus and therefore, helps in diagnosis.
Almost all the 100 types cause different clinical entities. For example, HPV-1 to HPV-4 causes skin warts, HPV-6 and HPV-11 are associated with the anogenital warts and laryngeal papillomas. Type 16 and 18 are usually involved in the cervical carcinoma. It has two genes E6 and E7. These primarily encode proteins that cause the inactivation of tumor suppressor genes’ encoded proteins. E6 inactivates the proteins encoded by p53 and E7 inactivates the proteins encoded by RB (retinoblastoma) gene.
Most warts in healthy individuals are self-resolving and typically resolve within a period of 1-2 years. However, in some patients warts may persist and eventually spread.
There is no cure for HPV. But it can be responded to by making the immune system stronger. A phytoceutical compound with the name of Papillex has been introduced to naturally respond to HPV. It nutritionally supports the immune system so that the body can eliminate the papillomas naturally. The key ingredients present in Papillex are:
• Carotenoids such as Lycopene, Lutin, and Zeaxanthin which regulate the immune system.
• Green tea extract containing polyphenols, catechins and flavonoids is an anti-carcinogen.
• Curcumin plays an important role in regulation of cell development, cell division and apoptosis.
• Sulphoraphane is a powerful anti-oxidant.
• Vitamin C, which regulates immune system.
• Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and protects cell membranes from damage.
• Selenium is a trace element and protects cell against free radicals.
• Folic acid, that is necessary for healthy cell growth.
• Astragalus increases the T-cell production and helps restore the body’s immunity even in very serious conditions.
• Reishi mushroom extract is a potent immune system stimulant. It enhances the activity of t-helper cells or CD4 cells.
Dosage is two to four capsules per day and therefore, it has good patient compliance. Papillex is contraindicated in transplant patients and patients with auto-immune diseases. Papillex in not only helpful in responding to HPV, but also helps in response to other viral conditions as it contains ingredients that nutritionally support the immune system.
Labels: diagnosis, digestive problems, fatigue, Genital Warts, headache, HPV, HPV Treatment, human papillomaviruses, infections, rashes, virus, viruses